In FotoMagico you generally have multiple ways to access your images, videos, and audio files.
- Drag them from the media browsers in the Sidebar to the Storyboard
- Drag them from the separate Media Browser window to the Storyboard (new in Fotomagico 6.2)
- Drag them from a Finder folder to the Storyboard
- Insert content by selecting Insert from the menu
The most common method to access your media files are the media browser in the Sidebar. If the desired media browser (e.g. Images) is not currently visible, then click on the corresponding button below the Sidebar to switch to this media browser. Starting with FotoMagico 6.2 you can also select Media Browser from the menu to show a separate media browser window that can be dragged to a second screen.
A media browser contains various sources, e.g. Photos App, Music App, Adobe Lightroom CC or Classic, Finder folders, or Internet services. Click on the disclosure triangles next to the source name to see its containers. Select a container to display the media files it contains.
- Select and drag a media file to the Storyboard to insert it into the slideshow. A green badge will appear on the media file thumbnail to indicate that it is now used in the slideshow.
- Right-click a media file and select Get Info from the context menu to display metadata about the media file.
- Right-click a media file and select QuickLook from the context menu to display a preview.
- To add Finder folder to the media browser, click on the ⊕ button beside the FOLDERS line in the sidebar.
- To remove a folder again, click on the ⊖ button beside its name.